365体育备用网站 Respiratory Illness Response
新型冠状病毒肺炎 and Other Respiratory Illnesses
SPS continues to follow mitigation strategies to minimize transmission of 新型冠状病毒肺炎 and other respiratory illnesses.
Respiratory illnesses like influenza (flu), 新型冠状病毒肺炎, RSV and many others are spread when a person coughs, 打喷嚏, 会谈, 或笑. The best way to prevent the spread of infectious respiratory illness is to:
- Wash hands often with soap and water
- Avoid close contact with sick individuals
- Get vaccinated for preventable diseases
检查一下 My Child too Sick to go to School guide 了解更多信息.
Symptoms, testing, and isolating
Students and staff experiencing new, 改变了, or worsening of respiratory or gastrointestinal symptoms should stay home, 接受新型冠状病毒肺炎检测, and follow the Department of Health symptom flowchart.
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Any student or staff who tests positive for 新型冠状病毒肺炎 is required to isolate at home for five full days regardless of vaccination status. 看到 DOH Isolation, Testing, and Masking Calculator 了解更多信息.
If you test positive for 新型冠状病毒肺炎 but do not have symptoms:
- Isolate for at least five days after testing positive for 新型冠状病毒肺炎. 一天 zero is the day you test positive. You can leave isolation after five full days if you have not developed any symptoms. Repeating the test does not change the requirement to isolate for five full days.
If you develop symptoms after testing positive:
- Your five-day isolation should start over. Follow the isolation recommendations below for individuals who have symptoms.
If you test positive for 新型冠状病毒肺炎 and develop symptoms:
- Individuals may return from isolation after five full days have passed since symptoms appeared if:
- No fever within the past 24 hours (without medication) 和
- Symptoms have significantly improved
新型冠状病毒肺炎 antigen tests are encouraged before returning from isolation. Only start testing if you are fever free for 24 hours without using fever-reducing medication and your other symptoms have improved.
- Anyone returning to school or work after isolation should wear a well-fitted mask from day six to 10. These individuals should also remain masked for sports and other extracurricular activities.
- If an individual tests positive after five days of isolation, they must stay at home for the full 10-day isolation period unless they test negative on two sequential tests each performed 24-48 hours apart. If they test negative on the two sequential tests, they can end isolation before day 10.
- If an individual is unable to wear a well-fitting mask, they should continue to isolate for the full 10 days.
Individuals who have been infected with 新型冠状病毒肺炎 within the past 90 days should use an antigen test, as PCR tests may remain persistently positive even if there is no new or active infection.
Regardless of vaccination status, anyone (especially housemates and family members) potentially exposed to 新型冠状病毒肺炎 is encouraged to:
- Monitor for symptoms and 接受新型冠状病毒肺炎检测 three to five days after your last exposure.
- Wear a high-quality mask or respirator around others at home and in public for 10 days after your last exposure. Continue to wear a mask even if you test negative for 新型冠状病毒肺炎.
- Isolate and follow SPS isolation, masking, and return to school guidance
If you test negative by an antigen test:
- Retest with an antigen test 24-48 hours after the first negative test. 如果第二次检测结果为阴性, 但对新型冠状病毒肺炎的担忧依然存在, you may retest 24-48 hours after the second negative test, for a total of at least three tests.
If there is a suspected or confirmed outbreak in a classroom or across classrooms, testing and masking may be required to sustain in-person learning.
新型冠状病毒肺炎 antigen home test kits will be made available for students and staff to test at home.
At SPS, we respect the masking choices of individuals in our community. Wearing a well-fitted mask helps protect against the spread of 新型冠状病毒肺炎. Masks are strongly recommended for individuals recovering from the 新型冠状病毒肺炎 (days 6-10) and anyone who has been exposed to 新型冠状病毒肺炎 (days 0-10).
以防疾病爆发, mask wearing may be required to help reduce the spread of respiratory illness.
365体育备用网站 lifted its mask requirements in March 2022. SPS continues to encourage masking at school, especially after travel or a break.